At 03:11 PM 2/16/2009 -0800, Dan Gayle wrote:
>IIRC, those stats only come from visitors of the W3Schools website,
>and thus are highly swayed toward web designers who are using FF and
>away from IE.

I would agree with that. My busiest site (Psymon) gets a couple of
thousand unique visitors every day, who come via a whole variety of
search queries on all sorts of different subjects, so it's probably
more representative of the general population "out there" than a site
geared more specifically toward web designers. I just ran my stats
for all of this year so far (Jan/Feb), and the top ten browsers are...

1 Internet Explorer 7.x   33.30%
2 Firefox   26.98%
3 Internet Explorer 6.x   20.52%
4 Safari   6.92%
5 Opera   2.38%
6 Others   1.48%
7 Internet Explorer 5.x   1.33%
8 Internet Explorer 8.x   0.64%
9 Google Desktop   0.64%
10 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;)   0.48%

Don't know if/how that might affect any decisions you might want to
make, but hope it helps!

Ron :)

Woof?... http://www.Psymon.com
Ach, du Leni!... http://www.Riefenstahl.org