On Mar 24, 2009, at 2:07 PM, david wrote:

> Kenny Leu wrote:
>> I've had similar issues before, where certain browsers would load
>> certain
>> images and others wouldn't.  I hope the following helps you out:
>>
>> e.g. Windows IE7 would understand the following...
>>
>> background-image: url(root/imageFolder/image.jpg);
>>
>> But Windows FireFox3 wouldn't!  After some poking around, I ended
>> up adding
>> quotes around the file location (it SHOULD be a string, after all)
>>
>> background-image: url("root/imageFolder/image.jpg");
>>
>> And FireFox3 understood that.  Maybe you're missing some quotes ,
>> like I
>> was.
>

> Hmmm, IIRC, I thought the standards required using the quotes?

1. Quotes are not required around a url as value for background-image.
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#uri

Where did you get that idea ?

2. Firefox (and Opera, Safari) has no problems with unquoted urls in
that case.
I see a bunch of images on the page linked to bythe OP, Christopher R:
> http://www.thecreativesheep.ca/site/imagepage5.html

Not sure if all images are there, though.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com/