Thanks Tim,

> div#sidebar p:first-child { margin-top: 0; }

Somehow, somewhere I misread the an explanation of the specification and got
the placement of the [:first-child] pseudo-element incorrect.

The following does work in IE7+ and FF3:

div#sidebar > *:first-child {margin-top: 0;}
div#content > *:first-child (margin-top: 0;}

I realize bets are off with IE6, however, with standards-compliant sites, I
basically take a "horseshoes and hand grenades" approach with IE6. So the
margin-top value in the case of IE6 will be acceptable.

...Rob

Rob Emenecker @ Hairy Dog Digital
www.hairydogdigital.com

Please note: Return e-mail messages are only accepted from discussion groups
that this e-mail address subscribes to. All other messages are automatically
deleted.