Joseph Sims wrote:

>> And the left sidebar carries white all the way down the page... obscuring
>> the
>> background that is supposed to create the "faux columns" look - example:
>> http://www.titancom.net/dev/hec/JS/about.html.

> Can noone give me advice with this? Is it legal to bump a topic? It kind of
> fell out of the loop.

Declare...
body {background: transparent;}
...and it will look like IE7 and older behave, even if they don't.

The reason for this is that the body element has "Layout" in old IE, and
therefore expands to below footer - covering the background on the html
element in the process.

Not so in better browsers, as your many float styles keep #page, and
thereby the body element, from expanding below the header.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no