On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 00:09:07 -0400
Came this utterance formulated by Bob Rosenberg to my mailbox:

> At 20:47 -0500 on 07/18/2009, Reese wrote about Re: [css-d] Problem
> with all Mac browsers according to Brow:
>
> >It isn't asnSEO-friendly as text links and SEO-friendliness is
> >important.
>
> So long as each image has an ALT tag with the text, the SEO Police
> should be reading it and treating it as if it were the text itself.

It isn't police but SE bots that need to be catered for. And it then
depends on the program which ascribes the rating to each form of link.
AFAIK text links still rate better.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416