From: Alan Gresley <a...@css-class.com>
To: Allen Beach <cmkbh...@ymail.com>
Cc: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2009 9:03:38 PM
Subject: Re: [css-d] IE8 conditional styles bug ??

Allen Beach wrote:
> It appears that the new IE8 (when in IE8 standards mode) will not work
> correctly when you have both inline and linked style sheets...if you're in
> quirks or ie7 mode its fine, but the moment you switch to IE8 standards mode
> (for both broser and docMode) your linked styles are gone!
>
> <!--[if gte IE 8]> <!-- Not recognized unless in quirks/ie7 mode -->
>     <link href="css/ie8.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="ie8">
> <![endif]-->
>
> test example --- http://mtroadwines.com/ie8test.htm
>
> Thanks everyone,
> -------
> - Allen

Hello Allen,

Why do you need this. [if gte IE 8]. Echoing Al Sparber's comment, why
do you need to feed IE8 and alternative stylesheet. BTW, before
declaring that IE8 in standards mode still is far from perfect, maybe
you may want to send all browsers some standard compliant code.

<link href="ie8.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="ie8">

Since you are using XHTML, maybe this will work better for IE8.

<link href="ie8.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="ie8" />

--
Alan http://css-class.com/