From: Alan Gresley <a...@css-class.com>
To: christi...@netscape.net
Cc: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Sent: Sat, Aug 8, 2009 1:34 am
Subject: Re: [css-d] Flaky Dropdowns

christi...@netscape.net wrote:?

> On the site I am working on at http://www.murphytx-online.com/murphy/ the top
> navigation has sub navigation that branches off some of the top level
> choices. The problem is that sometimes you can then mouse down to the new
> options but sometimes the sub navigation disappears when you try to point at
> it. After extensive testing I cannot figure out what is causing the
> difference and the problem persists whether or not the associated jQuery
> fade-in effect is turned off or on. I'm thinking this is a CSS issue. Any
> ideas? Thanks in advance.?
?

Hello Christian,?
?

It is this bit of CSS.?
?

#navList UL {?

? margin-left: 1px;?

? position: absolute;?

? width: 12em;?

? /* top: 1.2em; <-- DELETE */?

? top: 100%; /* ADD */?

? display: none;?

}?
?

BTW, the initial hover for the nested list,?
?

#navList LI:hover UL {?

? display: block;?

}?
?

will not work for people who can only use the keyboard to navigate a web
page. You may want to select a different approach.?
?

<http://www.tyssendesign.com.au/articles/css/dropdown-low-down/>?
?

--
Alan http://css-class.com/?
?

Armies Cannot Stop An Idea Whose Time Has Come. - Victor Hugo?