Yes I'm aware that one can position elements absolute relative to their parent
container. The reason I asked about the possibility of fixed positioning
relative to its parent container is because I have the idea of creating a
floating nav and am using a fixed width layout. So I do not want the "floating
nav" relative to the viewport. Elements that are fixed tend to scroll with the
window. Wanted to see if there was a way to create a pure CSS floating nav and
one that I can position relative to a container as opposed to the browser
window.

TIA,
Elli