On 21/08/2009, at 8:23 AM, christi...@netscape.net wrote:

> On a site I am building at:
>
> http://www.murphytx-online.com/murphy/
>
> when you hover over top navigation list items that have submenus
> those submenus usually come into view but every once in a while they
> do not. When I have the CSS rule in place that clearly states that
> the submenus are supposed to appear when their parent element is
> hovered over I'm not sure how to tell it to make it work all of the
> time. Seems like I have done everything I can. Any help would be
> appreciated. The project manager thinks that because this quirky
> behavior is happening that he has clearly hired somebody who doesn't
> know what they are doing.
>
> P.S. I might (emphasis on "might") replace the functionality of the
> navigation but this is the second style I have tried and the same
> problem existed in the first style. Also, the same problem exists
> whether or not the jQuery fade-in effect is turned off or on.

> I turned off javascript and was not able to reproduce the problem so
> I'd suggest that it's not a CSS problem and that you try asking on a
> jquery, javascript or general web dev list.

> On the other hand, regarding the CSS, are you aware of how it looks on
> a mac?

> http://snadden.com/sandbox/murphy.png

> Cheers, Tim

Is that a Mac only problem that cannot be replicated on Safari for PC?

Also, has it been fixed now that I added David's CSS fix?

And as far as the nav problem goes I have stated that the problem exists in my
browsers
(and the client's browsers) even when JavaScript is turned off. But I will try
turning it off again. Thanks for the responses.

Christian