At 11:01 -0400 on 08/25/2009, Brian M. Curran wrote about [css-d]
Bold not working:

>My CSS validated, but making my text bold for the picture links on
>my portfolio page isn't working via the pseudo class selectors. Does
>someone have a minute to give it a glance?
>http://www.brianmcurran.com/portfolio.html

One tip that I have found on an issue of this type (ie: Is the CSS
being used?) is to add something such as a color definition to that
selector definition. Thus if the text changes to the correct color
you know that your selector is being used. You could also try italic
in lieu of bold for the same test. That catches the case where a
later CSS definition is resetting you back to normal.
--

Bob Rosenberg
RockMUG Webmaster