Hi Greg,

My sincerest apologies.  If you got the login page, as opposed to the
sign-up page, it means someone else has already 'claimed' that
subdomain.  I've been waiting on wording from our UI person and didn't
think hard enough about what might go wrong before I posted.  Again...
my apologies.  I've added some words in lieu, but the bottom line is any
subdomain will work if it's not already 'claimed'.  Thanks very much for
making the time to take a look.  I hope my schtupit hasn't put you off.

Best regards,
Bill