On Oct 16, 2009, at 8:48 PM, Emanuele Venezia wrote:

> Maybe, but I've used this method in other situations and I don't
> remember such problem. Anyway I would like to understand why the "left
> column" is pushed downwards further through the page

>>  (http://blog.biblio.polito.it/openaccess/programma/incontro/)

Margin-collapsing in action.

The top/bottom margins between two <p> with class 'intervento' are
collapsing together, but the margins on the floated <p> (with class
'ora') are not collapsing (that is how margins on floated elements
work).

If you zero out the margin-top on the <p>, you'll see how the elements
align.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh