Jay Tanna wrote:

>> From: Debbie Campbell

>> On this site (WordPress if it makes
>> any difference):
>>
>>> http://www.onejedi.com/
>> My sticky footer is working fine in FF and IE8 - but in
>> Safari/Win,
>> Opera and Chrome, the footer is sliding up slightly over
>> the bottom of
>> div#content.
>>
>> In IE7 the footer's way up into #content.
>>
>> I'm using this sticky footer method:
>>
>>> http://www.cssstickyfooter.com/
>> Can someone tell me how to fix what I have, or suggest
>> another method I
>> should be using here? Help is much appreciated.
>>
>> Debbie Campbell

 > Debbie,
 >
 > The trick with footer to remain at the bottom of the page
 > irrespective of content or browsers used is to to change
 > or add to the the #body section in css file as follows:
[...]

<http://matthewjamestaylor.com/blog/keeping-footers-at-the-bottom-of-the-page>

 > Hope this proves useful.

Jay, can you please bottom post since it requires extra work at this end
to just edit this thread into an easy followed message.

Matthew James Taylor's method has the same problems in Opera that this
demo has.

<http://css-class.com/test/demos/sticky-footer1.htm>

Opera misbehaves in the bottom part of pages in many ways and does not
follow the CSS specialization. Opera also fails with this page which
uses absolute positioning.

<http://css-class.com/test/zeta.htm>

The most cross browser friendly is still footerStickAlt or the many
variations of this method.

<http://www.themaninblue.com/writing/perspective/2005/08/29/>

--
Alan http://css-class.com/