Bobby,

Thanks for replying.

> ...you should be able to include it in a relatively positioned wrapper...
> position it absolutely, and create enough right margin on the wrapper
to accommodate it.

If I understand your suggestion, then what this results in is the DIV
inside the wrapper does position itself correctly in horizontal terms
relative to the width of the browser window.

But it does not move up and down when the page is scrolled.

One can't have position:fixed and position:absolute on the same DIV, so
unfortunately this does not get the effect I am after.

--
Dave M G