Rick wrote:
> New to CSS, but I've been reading this list for the past month.  Hopefully
> nothing complicated, just laid out the basic skeleton and have two
> questions.
>

> 1)    Why is "bottom of calendars division" text not on the left?  I used
> "calendars" as the wrapper to contain two floats, but I can't figure out why
> the float continues.  The borders around the divisions are just for testing
> the widths and areas of the divisions.

Welcome!

In order to put something beneath the left and right floats, you need to
"clear" the floats. You can do that by adding this to your style sheet:

p {clear: both;}

> 2)   I want to do some positioning on the "BACK TO HOME PAGE" link, but
> can't figure that out either.  The two float divisions (current_month,
> previous_month) will have links, so I just want to style the link in the
> banner division.

Not sure what you're after but to style that particular link:

#banner a {
color: red; /* add rule */
text-decoration: none; /* add rule */
margin-top: 100px;
text-align: left;
}

#banner a:hover {color: lime; }/* add selector */

> I'm using an internal style sheet for this, so it can be viewed at
> http://www.gage-r.com/fresh/fresh-index
>

> Any help would be appreciated.
>

>           Rick

Best,