Take a look at your page with the Firebug extension for Firefox, and you'll see
what's up.  What you think is mainContentPad and what actually is, are two
entirely different things.

Fixing it will take some mark up changes, which means that I can't just test it
quite as easily as CSS.  But I think that if you set #innerwrapper to have
overflow:hidden; and put #mainContentPad inside either #innerwrapper or
#twoColSpread_brd, things will start to come together.

Also, I'd consider using text-indent:5em instead of all the spaces at the front
of your paragraph, and padding: 15px, instead of spelling out all of the
paddings individually.

---Tim