On Mar 4, 2010, at 7:45 AM, Bob Meetin wrote:

> For my purposes, needs in this case, being able to set the background
> color will fit the bill; it would be nice if font color was valued by
> all browsers consistently but seeing that it's not, I can "deal" with
> it. Here is a sample which you can view in the browser of your choice,
> then compare with the other guy.
>
> Jukka, can you make up a simple example? I'm not sure what you mean by
> using the + signs here.

Well, color is not one of those properties that are applied to <col>. If you
hadn't seen it yet:
<http://ln.hixie.ch/?count=1&start=1070385285>

Ie 6 and 7 go their own way in this. IE 8 in standards mode behave like other
browsers.

> http://dottedi.biz/code/css_styled_table.html (I should call this
> unsightly example...)

Might be nice to make it a valid example...

Here is your sample, reworked:
<http://dev.l-c-n.com/_temp/s_c_tb.html>

with some + goodness.

Philippe