Hi,

The best editor for Mac OSX is Coda by Panic. It uses the Safari
render engine (webkit) from your mac to preview your pages.
http://www.panic.com/coda/
The next step is to use the firebug extension in firefox which is just
a godsend for testing things on the fly.

I might use Dreamweaver if I am creating a table, apart from that I
haven't touched it in years.

Hope that helps, CB