> I'd like to make a:hover maroon and underlined, I tried it in the way I wrote
> it below but it doesn't work, I'd appreciate it if you have any tips...
>
> a:hover
>      {color:Maroon;}
>

>      a:hover
>      {text-decoration: underline;}

That should do it.  Or for efficiency:

a:hover {
  color: maroon;
  text-decoration: underline;
}

But that's got a pretty low specificity.  Any rule with a class, an id, or
another tag in the selector will over-rule it, and it won't be applied.

For example:
#content a {
  text-decoration: none;
}

will result in the first rule not ever being applied to any link inside the
element with id="content".  That's probably your problem, but without seeing
the rest of the page, we don't know how your other CSS would be effecting
anything.

---Tim