> I'm not familiar with the '8 div flexy box'. Could someone provide a URI?

That's not it's official name, and I'm not sure what is, but you can see an
example I did a few weeks ago here: http://sunapsis.iu.edu/

Essentially, you have a relatively positioned content box (my #container), and
then 8 decorative, empty, absolutely positioned divs (my .border divs), for a
page that can stretch in both directions. Top, bottom, left, right, and the
four corners.

It doesn't work in IE6 particularly well, I think because that browser doesn't
handle the bottom and right properties, but I don't recall exactly.

Ooh.  Checking through this though, I apparently forgot to put in an
inline-block fix for ie7.  Ah well.

---Tim