At least part of why it is confusing to get those javascript rotating images to
place correctly is because there are two properties controlling them:

/* --------- rotator in-page placement --------- */
    div#rotator {
        background: #000;
        width:300px;
        position: relative;
        z-index: 1;
        padding: 0;
        margin: 0;
        text-align: center;
}
/* rotator css */
        div#rotator span {
        float:right;
        position:absolute;
        list-style: none;
        left: 459px;
        top: -360px;

I don't know javascript so I'm fumbling around some here. When I change
div#rotator span (the style that places the image within the page to relative,
they are no longer contained in the same place. When they rotate through they
appear all over the page.

Is it possible that this is a case where the absolute positioning is required?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Matthew