David Laakso wrote:
> In your style sheet you have this hack from a couple of weeks ago:
>
> /*Bit of nonsense for IE6 */
> * html #wrapper {
>     width:975px;
>     margin: 0 auto;
> }
>
> Leave that hack in the style sheet.  Immediately above it put these hacks:
>
> *:first-child+html #wrapper {
> width:975px;
> margin: 0 auto;
> } /*4 IE/7.0)*/
>
> *:first-child+html fieldset.top-positioned {float: left; } /*4 IE/7.0)*/
>
> * html fieldset.top-positioned {  position: relative; zoom: 1;} /*4
> IE/76.0)*/
>

> Delete the CC and its content. If you actually need those hacks (I
> didn't check) put them in the style sheet for now.

Thanks very much for that, David, but no joy, I'm afraid.  It doesn't
render properly in any version of IE (6, 7 or 8).  TBH, if I could just
get it working in IE8 it'd be something.

The hacks are for the background colour.  I've taken them out so you'll
see what I mean.  They came from Sitepoint's "The art and science of CSS".

> Reference: spend some time here...
> <http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html>

I will.

> <aside>
> Points are not used to set type for the screen.
> </aside>

Aargh!  I've no idea why I did that.  Thanks for pointing it out.  Now
corrected.

Cheers

Peter
http://www.peredur.net