Ar 10/06/10 21:28, ysgrifennodd Felix Miata :
> Who in the world has Century Gothic on their computer? Not I...
>
> I have it on several, but why the question? What is it about web developers
> that they're so insistent visitors never get to see their defaults without
> disabling styles entirely? If Century Gothic is my default, it's not because
> someone else picked it out for me, and I'd like to see it more often than not
> without having to stick to pages I created myself.

I think you misunderstand the point.  You have, in your styles:

font-family : "Century Gothic";

The problem here is that if users don't have it installed (as I don't,
for example), then they will see whatever default their browser thinks
they should see - which may not be at all what you want.  You might,
therefore, want to consider a font list (in order of your preference)
that contains some more common fonts and ends with a generic font (e.g.
'serif' or 'sans-serif'

HTH

Peter

--