On 7/13/10 5:07 AM, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

> Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:
>
>> What I describe is actually the expected behaviour per CSS 2.1
>> /3-fonts…
>
> OK, even better news :-)  Very many thanks. ** Phil.

FWIW - That has been my experience with various language fonts--even
when (a student) uses a font stack that contains *none* of the glyphs
required by the language, all browsers and OS that I used displayed the
characters correctly.

The only caveat is Windows (xp, at least) which does not have Asian
fonts installed by default -- you have to load them from the install disk.

Cordially,
David