Our organization is wanting to start down the road of making some of our
applications and content more mobile device friendly.  I've spent the
morning Googling the subject of mobile or handheld stylesheets and mobile
optimized content by serving up a separate site for handheld devices.  Most
of the articles I'm finding, though, are 2-3 years old.

My question is this: As of 2010, should I be more focused on serving up
handheld stylesheets or approaching the mobile devices in another manner?
Any current best practice articles regarding styling for mobile devices that
someone can point me to?

Thanks for any advice.

Chris Akins
Web Coordinator