Arian wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> So I been trying to figure out how to get rid of these duplicate characters
> on this signup page (Darn client needs IE6 lol):
> http://www.arianhojat.com/temp/code/css/duplicate-chars/contact2.html
> So all the way at the bottom highlighted in red are the dup chars...
> I tried setting display: inline; to the div's etc before "Confirm Contact's
> Email Address" field to no avail (as recommended from
> http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/dup-characters.html).
>
> 2 things cause this ie6 bug, comments between floats which i dont have. and
> display: none; elements which i do...
> Not sure thought how to get rid of it.
>
> Clicking on "Check this box if you do NOT have an email address", will cause
> the duplicate chars bug to move from the confirm_user_email field to the
> user_email above it lol.
>
> Thanks if anyone can help with this IE6 annoyance,
> Ari

Hello Ari,

This is the first time I have debugged such a bug. I could not
replicate the trigger that causes part of the page to collapse but I
was able to replicate the duplicated content.

<http://css-class.com/test/bugs/ie/6/duplicated-content-bug.htm>

Two fixes that I was able to work out appear in the third and forth test.

1) To add dispaly: inline to the float before the content with is set
as to display: none.

* html no_email_div {display:inline;}

2) To change the width of the floated box with width: 100%. It maybe
relating to the IE6 bug with quirky percentages [1].

* html #content form .phone_div {width: 97%;}

There seems to be quite a few conditions that triggers the version
which you have, namely the floated divs.

Note: With this version of the duplicated content bug, the amount of
the duplicated content is governed by the length of the content that
is set as display none. See the source of the first and second test.

1. <http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/percentages.html>

--
Alan http://css-class.com/