David Laakso wrote:
Timariane Thornewig wrote:
I just tried to adjust the CSS and I created another version of the HTML called:
http://www.ashelighting.com/controldesign2.html

It's not really solving my problem, but I think I'm getting closer!

Unable to hit a moving target :-) . Let it be and make no further changes.

Best,
~d

The original page had this bug that is present in IE5~IE7.

<http://css-class.com/test/bugs/ie/5~7/ap-left-auto-margin-left-next-element.htm>

It happens if a absolutely positioned element with left auto offset is followed in the source by and element with a margin-left. IE5~IE7 positions the absolutely positioned element by the value of margin-left of the following element. To fix the bug, the left offset for the ap. element must be given a value other than auto. left: 0 would fix this bug. IE7- does have troubles with left: auto [1] but this is a strange case.

1. <http://css-class.com/test/bugs/ie/calculated-offset-bug1.htm>

--
Alan http://css-class.com/