On Sep 19, 2010, at 3:41 PM, Alan Gresley wrote:

>>> Upon checking your page I noticed that whole chunks of the media queries
>>> are invalid. This one,
>>>
>>> @media screen and (max-device-width: 480px), screen and (max-width: 480px)
>>> { .... }
>>>
>>> should be as.
>>>
>>> @media screen and (max-device-width: 480px) and (max-width: 480px) { .... }
>> It is late. I am tired. Point me to where it says that in the CSS3 specs.

sorry, but
@media screen and (max-device-width: 480px), screen and (max-width: 480px) {...
} is a comma separated list of media queries and is perfectly acceptable

it applies to (screen) devices with a max-device-width of 480px
OR
(screen) devices with  a max-width of 480px

[quote]
Several media queries can be combined in a media query list. A comma-separated
list of media queries. If one or more of the media queries in the
comma-separated list are true, the whole list is true, and otherwise false. In
the media queries syntax, the comma expresses a logical OR, while the ‘and’
keyword expresses a logical AND.
[/quote]

right before example VI
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/#media0