At 11:56 AM +0200 10/18/10, Dudley Barker wrote:
What is the state called when I click on one of a number of links on a
navbar and while I am visiting that page, the link stays "lit" so that if I
forget where I am, I need simply glance up at the navbar to see where I am?

And the million dollar question is: How do I style such?

Thanks.
"D

There are two problems here: 1) to style the menu item so that it is different than the others; 2) to know what the current page the user is on so that you can change the style.

You can do this in a couple of ways, here's the solution I use:

http://sperling.com/examples/smart-menu/

In the echo("") statement, you need to place between the quotes "class=active" and then create an active rule in your style sheet.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------