On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Sandy <sfeld...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>> I use typekit and like it. The downside is load time. Also watch for
>> font rendering. It's different in different browsers.
>>
>> Shanna Cramer
>> http://thewebshoppe.net
>
> thanks Shanna.
> That's strange about the font rendering - I thought the whole point was that
> this could replace image fonts altogether ...

Well yeah, sure, it can, but different operating systems render fonts
differently, and depending on the settings, they vary even more. Just
because a font looks smooth and anti-aliased on your machine doesn't
mean it will look the same on others... it's not pixel-perfect like
images are. That being said, if one font looks blocky on someone's
windows 95 box with IE 6, then all fonts look blocky, so they wouldn't
know the difference.

Christian Montoya
mappdev.com :: christianmontoya.net