On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 2:32 AM, Michal Čizmazia <cim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you all for your responses. To clarify, I want to have a label
> and an input form element along with another label and a select form
> element _in one row_.

Try this:

body, input, select {
    font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
    font-size: 12px;
}

select, input {
   vertical-align: bottom;
    border: 1px solid gray;

}

label {
 display: inline-block; /* you may not need this depending on what you
want to do */
}

A couple of notes:
1) you don't need padding / margin on the select and input because
they don't have any by default
2) Change the label so it only wraps around the text, not text and input.
3) You may or may not need the display: inline-block.

Labels and inputs are all inline elements, so they will naturally sit
next to each other horizontally. About the only thing you need to do
is deal with vertical-align on the select/input. If you need / want to
size the input element, then inline-block will allow you to add box
model properties while keeping it in a horizontal line.

Tim