Ar 12/11/10 23:10, ysgrifennodd Thierry Koblentz :
In the CSS box model, are background images understood to occupy the
same height and width as the outer edge of the border area?

I believe it is the border box (content + padding + border)

--
Regards,
Thierry

You're absolutely right.  I stand corrected.  From w3schools:

"Definition and Usage

The background-image property sets the background image for an element.

The background of an element is the total size of the element, including padding and border (but not the margin)."

I'm going to have to play now to see if a border overlays a background image or /vice versa/. Just as I was thinking about calling it a day for today!

Cheers

Peter

--
http://www.peredur.net