The statistics provided by Nicholas Zakas are interesting!
http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/ydn/posts/2010/10/how-many-users-have-javascript-disabled/

About 1% of Yahoo's visitors had Javascript disabled (2% for Yahoo USA).

So I guess the decision whether to use presentational Javascript or
not depends on how much one is willing to work to cater to 1% of a
site's visitors. It is a lot like deciding whether to support IE6 or
not.

~Chetan