On Jan 15, 2011, at 7:13 PM, Gabriele Romanato wrote:

> It took a little bit to find a good converter from FLV to OGV, but finally I
> did it!
> The video is 27 mb in size, so you have to be a little bit patient :-)
> Results are encouraging, especially for future CSS3 enhancements:
>
> http://onwebdev.blogspot.com/2011/01/css-and-html5-video-element.html
>
> note: also floating works, just as for the <object> element. it seems that
> supporting browsers have cloned their default display role from <object> to
> <video>. cascade works correctly. borders, margin etc. too. dimensions either.
>
> Tested in Chrome(latest), Safari(latest), Firefox(latest, i.e. 4 beta
> latest), Opera(latest).
> Safari has some problems loading the video. I think it expects ogg instead of
> ogv or something :-)

I've no idea on which OS you managed to have that video loading in all those
browsers. On OS X 10.6, it partly (*) worked in Chrome 10 dev channel and
nothing else (Safari 5 and webkit nightly, Gecko 1.9.2 and 2.0b- fx nightly)

(*) very slow to load (slower than expected for the given file size), blocky
display, stuttering.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh