At 21:30 -0500 on 06/12/2011, Michael Beaudoin wrote about Re: [css-d] form formatting...:

On Jun 12, 2011, at 8:47 PM, Bob Rosenberg wrote:

At 17:00 -0500 on 06/12/2011, Michael Beaudoin wrote about [css-d] form formatting...:

Hi all.

I've been working on forms but I'm having trouble with some formatting issues.

I have to incorporate some outside code for sweepstakes tracking and I'm having a heck of a time getting the birthdate field and the state pulldown to wrap so all is lined up.

Can someone take a quick peek and see where I messed up, or what I'm missing?

http://ba-doyn.com/junk/widget_test/index_redo.html

Thanks,
Michael

I know that this is a CSS list but your layout might be better done as a Table (with two columns). Your current layout is a single line of data which relies on the Browser to wrap. As noted, different browsers have different widths that that are using. Also the birth date entry should be 3 drop down menus (it makes entry easier). As an alternative to the use of tables, you can force wrapping by just ending each entry with a <br />.

I would have loved to knock it out in a table, but the widgets necessary by the third party are not set up for tables... at least I don't believe that are.

Thanks,
Michael

When you talk about widgets I assume that you are using something to generate the HTML code for the page. If each entry is being generated individually, you might still be able to slip a <br /> before each <label> which will give you the wrapping that I suggested as an alternative to a table. If you are talking about server side scripting to process the form (and you code the page by hand) the use of tables will not affect what is being sent to the server. How is the page being generated (since I assume that there is some type of generation going on to slip a unique ID in for the hidden field)?