Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:

On Jan 4, 2012, at 6:40 PM, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

Seamonkey 2.5 (/still/ no auto-update to 2.6.1; has this been
completely forogtten ?), Win/XP :

Serif, serif, serif, sans-serif, sans-serif.

Possible depending on what you have installed; that is not what I asked though…
The Q was specifically about OS X 10.7

Now I am intrigued : if (as per your original message),

Do the first two paragraphs display as serif fonts on Lion (OS X 10.7) with any
Gecko/ Firefox browser? If yes, there is a bug in Gecko.

and the first two paragraphs (in fact, the first three)
display as serif fonts in XP with a Gecko browser, why
is this not also an indication of a bug in Gecko ?  Why
does it have to manifest itself only in OS X 10.7 in order
to demonstrate the existence of a bug  ?  I thought that
HTML & CSS were platform-neutral, and therefore if one
sees unexpected behaviour on /any/ platform using the same
underlying rendering engine this could be indicative of
a rendering engine bug.

Philip Taylor