Am 03.05.2012 17:24 schrieb Tom Livingston:
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Philippe Wittenbergh<e...@l-c-n.com>  wrote:

On May 3, 2012, at 10:56 PM, Tom Livingston wrote:

If I'm using "RobotoBold" - custom font - in my stack on an<h2>  for
example, I have to spec font-weight: normal; as well because otherwise
it "double-bolds" the font. But if the user sees a fallback font of
Helvetica or Arial, they won't get it in a bold weight. Is there
anything that can be done about this that I'm not seeing? Can only the
fall backs be bold?

I'm not sure I understand. Care to put an example ?

@fontface {
  font-family: RobotoBold;
        src: url(RobotoBold.woff);
        font-weight: bold;
}

h2 { font-family: RobotoBold, Helvetica, Comic Sans; font-weight: bold; }

with that there should not be any artificial bolding. Browser will (should)
treat that font as being a bold face.

Philippe
--
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com/

One other thing. After thinking about this, WHY doesnt this still
double-bold the custom font? Just a function of @font-face?

It should not double-bold if your code is ok... can you provide a link to your page?