Thanks, everybody, for thoughts and suggestions on this. I just went ahead
and did the ugly kludge fix -- made the gutter a little wider between the
main content area and the rule that delineates the sidebar. And then I
turned overflow to "visible." I could never really figure out exactly how
many pixels over this would go at most. But it's looking fixed for now.

I actually alerted the webkit project to this -- not sure if it's a bug in
webkit that they can resolve or if it's something I've done wrong.

-Bob