On 9/10/12 12:50 PM, Chris Kavinsky wrote:
[...]

The right column has a 3rd-party plugin that uses a set width. I want the
main column (left side) to fill the screen as the screen resizes until it
hits about 600px wide. At that point the right side column should drop
below the left main content. Normally, to solve the first situation (flex
main column next to set width column), I would float the right column that
has a fixed width. The problem with that is in the HTML, the side column
would need to come first. But that then would place the side column above
the main column when the screen size is below 600px.

[...]

Here's my best shot, Chris:

  <http://thewebwiz.net/temp/kavinsky/>

If media queries are not supported, as in older IE, both columns settle at
300px each when the floats drop. Of course, you'd adjust the widths to your
needs.

HTH.
--
Cordially,