On Wed, 20 Mar 2013, Angela French wrote:

Hello,
I've got a dropdown menu where the text for the menu items is supposed to be a
dark gray but  is coming up white on a white background. I can't find what is
making the color declaration not work. I'd be grateful for any assistance.

The site is here: http://168.156.9.250/WELA/

The issue is found on the drop down menus (for example, under About WELA).

Below is the css for that element.  I can make other tweeks such as changing the padding and the effect is immediately seen, but
I can't get that color to behave.  The ONLY way I could get it black was to put the style inline on the <li> like this:

.dropdown-menu > li > a {
 display: block;
 padding: 3px 20px;
 clear: both;
 font-weight: normal;
 line-height: 20px;
 color: #333333!important;
 white-space: nowrap;
}

It is located in the bootstrap.css file at line 4820. You can see from my
declaration, that using !important didn't get it to work. I don't find anything
in the cascade of style sheets that overwrites it, not is there anything inline.

a, .nav-collapse .dropdown-menu a {color: White !important;}

--
   Chris F.A. Johnson, <http://cfajohnson.com/>
   Author: