Le 4 oct. 2013 à 12:38, Richard Grevers <richard.grev...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> At http://test.permaculture.co.nz I am trying to tighten the layout a
> little in order to fit more content above the fold.
> reducing the top margin of #page has had no effect, so I am guessing that
> the Drupal-generated p#skip-link above it is the problem.
> It looks as though the "off-left" technique has been applied to the link
> inside the p rather than to the block element.
>
> Is it safe to give p#skip-link a zero height?

correct url (thanks Richard): http://test.permaculture.org.nz/

I would make the p#skip-link position: absolute with width, top and left
coordinates to taste, then adjust the margin-top for #page as needed. That
would also avoid having the whole page slide down when the skip-link is
focussed (that could be disconcerting for some users).

IIrc, some AT software treats elements with height:0 as invisible or hidden.

PS - colour mismatch for background-color in the logo image with the rest of
the masthead

Philippe
--
Philippe Wittenbergh