> You don't explain what you mean with "same size" -- in a valid HTML5
> document I wouldn't get that issue you claim -- nor do you post online code
> as HTML/CSS. It's pointless to debate what you think happened with a
> picture. Make it happen in all of our browsers too -- by posting validated
> code that illustrates your problem -- or talk about a specific known issue.

I did post (almost) valid code in my first message, but here it goes again.
Seeking validation I added a forgotten pair of forgotten TR tags, as well
as !doctype, charset information and a title:

<!doctype html>
<title>Inconsistent font size?</title>
table { border-spacing: 0 }
td,p { font-size: medium }
cumque, pariatur, deserunt id impedit delectus at porro eum quaerat
officia atque eligendi tempora corporis necessitatibus quos minima
eaque dolorem eius quia nisi velit hic consequatur ea quis earum unde
consectetur!</p>

I also posted a picture, http://i.imgur.com/WtmgiXQ.png, that shows what
happens using three main browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Opera) in the
leading mobile OS (Android)... I would test it with an iPhone if I had one,
but I think this is far from a niche question. I can't  "make it happen in
all browsers" since it doesn't affect desktop browsers, the Android 2.3
stock browser, etc. For convenience, here is a URL with such code:
http://81.4.104.136/fonts.html . I don't know what else to do in order to
present my question.

Thanks for replying.

Cheers,