Good morning -

My business client donates a website for the Flag Day Parade here in Appleton,
WI, USA. Each year the site lists all the participants. I’ve normally done that
by converting a docx file to an html table. But with my limited import
experience and my limited code skills, that always resulted in a significant
amount of manual editing. And renumbering when they modify the list. This year
I read in my HTML/CSS books and decided to try an organized list.

It hasn’t gone well. All 105 lines had the same <li> formatting (identical to
my eye) but they displayed differently. Plus the numbers showed in Dreamweaver
but not in any of the browsers I proofed it in. Safari, Firefox, Opera. The
site structure is inherited, so I don’t fully understand it. I thought perhaps
something was squelching the numbers, or rendering them in white, etc. So I
tried to redefine color etc. in the head of the page. Had no effect.

So I Googled and wound up at:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/725741/how-to-colour-the-list-style-type-auto-generated-numbers

>From there I trial-and-errored to this review page:

        http://www.lasersaveinc.com/FlagDay-2014/lineup.html

This looks OK with one exception. The list starts with the number one (as you’d
expect), but the parade committee begins their list with the number 0 (zero). I
thought I could use value=“0” within the first <li> item — but it has no effect
given the code I’m employing. I hoped I could use start=“0” within the opening
<o;>. But it had no effect.

Any suggestions? (I wondered if another approach might be some sort of full
reset for ol and li.)

Chuck M