On Sep 17, 2014, at 1:31 PM, Crest Christopher <crestchristop...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Span tags inside an H1 is suppose to help SEO, that would be news to me !

Here is the reasoning, as I understand it..I am not an SEO whiz..

You have your logo - in most cases an image, but aside from alt text, nothing
tells what it is. So, you use an h1 to hold the text, like “Bob’s Hot Dog
Palace,” but the

h1 span{
display:none;
}

prevents that from being seen (because the logo presumably says “Bob’s hot dog
palace”) but since it’s in an h1, you get the benefits of better SEO
results….that is my understanding of why to use this technique.