Crest Christopher composed on 2014-11-05 23:45 (UTC-0500):

> If I want to use images on a responsive site, the images should be in
> the largest size possible then set the style to {max-width:100%} ? If
> they are not the largest size possible and the page is viewed at 1700px
> by 1450px (fictional resolution, I didn't verify if it is a logical
> resolution) then the obvious result will be a stretched, blurred
> image(s) due to  interpolation, correct ?

It may or may not appear "stretched" and/or "blurry", depending on a myriad
of factors that include physical display size, viewing distance, OS/DE
settings and viewer acuity. It may appear "streched" or "blurry", but in
practical effect it won't necessarily appear to the visitor's eye any worse
than being too small. Either way, too small for detail to be discernable, or
over-enlarged and blurry, is similarly less than satisfactory.

If you don't limit its size to some arbitrary px value (actual physical
display resolution available at retail is up to at least 5120x2880 now[1]),
at least you retain the possibility of the relative placement and size of the
image within your layout, and possibly the layout itself, being preserved.

[1] http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT5266

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/