Why is it adding 4px for left and right ? I'm reading up on box-sizing, I don't see the benefit ?

Christopher
Russ McMullin <mailto:r...@catjuggling.com>
Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:21 PM
I suspect the scroll bar is from telling #menupanel to be 320px, plus a border of 2px, which would make it 324px wide, unless you are using box-sizing:border-box;. That is where I would start looking.

Russ

Chris Rockwell <mailto:ch...@chrisrockwell.com>
Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:50 PM
Using a media query doesn't contribute to specificity, so your code would work if you moved the declaration that sets the color to gray above the media query.

If you wanted to get all "mobile first" on it, you could do:

#menupanel { background-color: red }
@media (min-width: 321px) { #menupanel { background-color: gray; } }

Chris Rockwell

Tom Livingston <mailto:tom...@gmail.com>
Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:46 PM
Try:

@media only screen and (min-width : 320px) {
#menupanel {background-color:red;height:400px;width:320px;border:2px;}
}

@media only screen and (min-width : 600px) {
#menupanel {background-color:gray;height:400px;width:500px;}