dec 1 2014 02:07 Crest Christopher <crestchristop...@gmail.com>:

> Am I thinking from a designer POV, not completely putting forward of all
> possibilities with CSS ?

First of all, you seem to have sidestepped the reason why a background image
needs to be high-res. Secondly, when I’ve received a requirement akin to this
in the past I have solved this with variable quality, so that areas covered
with other elements are of lesser quality (typically only seen trough
semi-transparent elements), than areas that are uncovered. That’s not easy to
do with a fluent design and it’s a lot of work. Better be worth it.

The variable quality is a graphics issue.