Message: 15 Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 20:00:02 +0100 From: "Peter H."
<li...@artworkers.net> To: CSS-Discuss Discuss
<css-d@lists.css-discuss.org> Subject: Re: [css-d] rendering of Open
Sans on my project site vs. Typekit Message-ID:
<c1c5c33a-efff-458b-a9a4-eb4713614...@artworkers.net> Content-Type:
text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
El 31/12/2014, a las 19:44, Debbie Campbell escribi?:

Looking at the 700-weight (bold) Open Sans in the ul in this page
(starting with Drill Pad Construction), can you see how the
lowercase a's have the counter at the top filled in? I'm looking in
Chrome, FF, IE11 on Windows 7:

http://www.oilfield-construction.com/NEW_SWD/

If I look at this example on Typekit though, in the same browsers,
the lowercase a counters never close up:

https://typekit.com/fonts/open-sans

I though it might be something in my normalize.css but disabling it
doesn't change the appearance of the a's. Can someone point out
what's wrong in my site? If screenshots would help please let me
know.

I don't see any difference with page at default 100% or zoomed to
maximum, and the lowercase 'a' looks fine and correct.

Mac 10.6.8, FF v34.0.8 and iPad with retina, iOS 7.1.2

Perhaps it's an OS or graphics rendering thang rather than a problem
with your code.

Peter H.

Here's what I'm seeing - both samples bold, both screenshots from Chrome
on Win7. Even at a slightly smaller size the a's in the Typekit sample are much cleaner.

http://www.oilfield-construction.com/NEW_SWD/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fonts.jpg

--

Debbie