Thanks everyone, great suggestions. But I have to clarify something and
here I am really open to best practices - our site has a regular complete
menu on every page, but each page also has a submenu for "more reading" on
a subject. So I wanted the main menu to be at top where it is now -
hamburger and all - but the submenus I wondered how to present them. What
do you think?

--
J.C. Berry, M.A.
UI Developer

This E-mail is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18
U.S.C. ?? 2510-2521 and is legally privileged. This information is
confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended