If you specify any img width in the css then the html widths will have no
effect. But beware that if you haven't specified any heights, then the html
'height' may cause havoc with your layout. In the css, even  height:auto;  is
sufficient to overide the html.

Maybe 508 compliance requires image dimensions, I don't know, but if it doesn't
then I don't see the point of adding width and height to the html.

Regards, Peter

-----